It Truly is All About the Attention to the Details…
We love hosting guests at BrickInn and we believe it is truly all about the attention to the details. The most frequent comments we hear from our guests are about all the details at BrickInn, details in the renovation, in the functional details that provide guest comfort and details in the amenities we offer.
Having previously owned a Home Design Shop this huge brick colonial was a blank slate for us and needed some love. We were excited to find it and accepted the challenge. Our goal was to create our vision of a warm welcoming place for guests to rest, relax and reconnect. To enhance the existing home with new classic details that payed tribute to the original vintage details was especially important to us. We wanted to lovingly give this home a fresh facelift inside and out.
Although BrickInn was a historic residential home, our vision was not going to necessarily restore it to the original historical time with antique furnishings. The home was built in 1915 and we have refreshed to an elegant but comfortable guest accommodation near one of New York’s greatest natural wonders; Letchworth State Park, in the village of Mount Morris.
So many questions from guests, and we love sharing the story during their visits.
· Where did you start?
· What was first?
· How did it all come together?
· How did you pick the colors?
· What was original, how did it look before?
· How did you find a wallpaper to accent the whole house?
Here are some pictures of some Original and New details. It is wonderful for us to finally be able to share this beautiful place with others. The property is far from finished, there will always be another project or improvement.
We are honored to share some of our many wonderful comments from guests about their experience in online reviews and our guest books.
· "It's a lovely setting in a century old house that is wonderfully restored."
· "The whole atmosphere is awesome, simple, and clean."
· "The Inn is beautifully decorated and maintained. It is spotless, immaculate, and well designed."
· "The Inn is beautiful in every way, inside and out. All of the common areas, the grounds, and our room were designed with the comfort of guests in mind."
· "BrickInn is absolutely beautiful. The landscaping is gorgeous. The home itself is immaculately clean and so tastefully decorated. I looked around the room and there was nothing missed. From the perfectly mitered corner moldings, to the paint, the tiles, the flooring, bedding, furniture, fireplace, candles, fresh flowers to the fruit and baked goodies left for us each night...their love for what they do was evident in every detail!"
· "The house was beautifully done, yet at the same time extremely comfortable and inviting."
· "To say the inn is gorgeous is an understatement--there are simply not enough superlatives to describe every beautiful detail. They have lovingly transformed this house into a warm and hospitable oasis for all their guests to enjoy."
· "Our room was so well thought out with lovely touches and high-end furniture and fittings."
· "It has large well-appointed rooms with all the comforts that you could possibly want."
· "The rooms are beautifully appointed, comfortable, and invite you to relax and have a great night's sleep."
· After a day of hiking at nearby Letchworth State Park (which is worth the trip), I loved soaking in the huge tub with the thoughtfully provided bath bombs!"
· "The place is absolutely gorgeous, designed and decorated impeccably with amenities that you would be lucky to find in a five star hotel (heated floors and towel racks in the bathrooms, soaking tub, fireplace in each room, space to plug in all of your electronics)."
· "We ended up getting takeout and a bottle of wine and enjoying it on their porch--great view of their expansive front lawn with majestic trees under the porch fans."
· “We had an amazing stay at the BrickInn. From the minute we pulled into the drive we knew we'd found a great place for our get-away."
· "The owners are so sweet and attentive and you can tell they truly care about and take pride in their property."
· "We wish this special couple many more years of welcoming people into their lovely home and hope we will be able to return ourselves in the near future!"
We are thankful for this opportunity to offer our guests a relaxing and enjoyable retreat to “Pause” from the stresses of life. We would be honored to have you stay as a guest for the first time or to come back as a returning guest.
Our Best, Dwight & Chic at BrickInn